Saturday, 28 March 2015

World of pain.

Friday and I went out of the house for the first time in 10 days. That was when I last went to Charing Cross hospital and ended up in agony afterwards.

I’ve walked to the rubbish bin and when it was sunny I’d stand at the front door. Oh, I did take photos of narcissi for this Blog.

That hurt.

Today was different.

We left early and drove to Egham so that I could get some cash. Then, as I was already having problems, Robyn paid my car tax for me. That was an achievement.

Then I drove up to Hounslow west where I’d normally park for free and walk over to the Tube to catch a train.

This time I paid a fortune to park (I know, I know, I’m not well) right by the station.

Then we didn’t get the tube – last time I didn’t cope so well with the stairs, the crowds or the walking.

We hit the bus. Last time it was quick and fairly smooth with good seats.….this time we got an irritating driver who kept us waiting so long before he started that the next bus came along and left before him. That was the bus we should have caught.

He hit every pothole and whenever he saw someone at a bus stop he’d accelerate up to it and then slam on the brakes at the last minute.

After about 5 minutes I was in agony.

After half an hour I was screaming.

He also managed to find a mad person to pick a fight with, so for the first half of the journey I was dreading that he’d call the police and we’d be stuck at the side of the road for an hour.

Then the walk from Hammersmith to the hospital – I’d had enough of busses by then.

We made it – just about.

I had my MRI scan, which was fine.

Until it came to getting off the machine which I found was nearly impossible.

And really, really painful.

The journey home was better – even if I was walking at the speed of a bored slug. To be honest I felt like a bored slug.

But the traffic was light and our bus sailed back in half the time.

I managed to drive back and Robyn picked up a Chinese Takeaway on the way home to celebrate.

It took from 2-30 in the afternoon to 8-30 at night. By about 4-00 I was dreaming of getting home and collapsing in a chair.

World of pain.

So I’m afraid there aren’t any photos this time – it was a tough day.

Nice to make it through though.

Neil Harris
[since I wrote this I've realised it might be misleading - I don't get the result of the scan for some time]

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment