Friday 25 November 2016

Thanksgiving 2016.

I can't pretend it hasn't been a struggle; we've been together through three Thanksgivings and up till now they never happened.

In 2014 we had all the ingredients ready when I got a very bad dose of Flu and coughed so bad that I broke my back. Of course, I didn't realise that at the time but that's what happened. Back then the main problem was just that I could have died from the infection. At the same time my Mum was getting more and more ill and ended up in hospital. So the meal never happened.

Then last year I had to go into hospital for a couple of days for a kidney operation - except that wouldn't stop bleeding and I ended up there for a week - again no Thanksgiving.

So this year I was determined it was actually going to go ahead but in my heart I felt something was going to go wrong again.

It didn't! So Robyn ended up spending the whole day in the kitchen.

Ooh!




There was 'string bean casserole' and 'succotash' bubbling away on the cooker;


And a feast;


Pumpkin Pie to follow;


We made it and if I didn't really understand what it was all about, it didn't matter......it took us a couple of years to get there so it was worth it;


Happy Thanksgiving!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment