Tuesday 3 June 2014

Summer Cycles.


A sultry night in west London, hot and sticky;

 

This is Mark Armstrong on Trumpet and Flugelhorn playing his own composition ‘Summer Cycles’

Here’s Simon Allen on Saxophone and out of focus in the background there’s the amazing Alec Dankworth on bass.

 


There was Dave Brubeck, and Charlie Mingus just for me, and a long, sad (when isn’t it sad?) ‘Stardust Memories’ trumpet solo. Trevor Tomkins on Drums and John Pearce made up a fine quintet.

I still haven’t got my act together to tell you about my trip to Amsterdam. 12 hours shore leave left me exhausted with 90 pictures to sort through. One or two even came out right.

What did I do? What didn’t I do!

Tomorrow, tomorrow!

Neil Harris

(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment