Saturday 27 September 2014

25000 Thanx.

 
 
Day four of freedom wasn't a lot of fun (Day three was good but I need to steal some Wi-Fi to show you). I had to get up really early and get off to my Doctor for a rather painful appointment and then all plastered up I did the shopping at Tesco's on the way home.
 
Early lunch and then off round the M25 to Crawley for the funeral of an old friend and comrade. He had a good, dry sense of humour, so he wouldn have laughed at what happened.
 
After half an hour lost in the town I was late.
 
We were in the area of the crematorium but just couldn't find it. Then we saw a large funeral procession and joined on the back of the line of cars. Well, it had to be going there?
 
As we slowly moved along I got more worried - it was so near time that this would have to be the funeral itself.
 
Except he wouldn't have had Rolls Royces, surely?
And didn't he say 'No Flowers'?
And I don't think he was a Chelsea fan?
 
Unfortunately after about ten frantic minutes it was obvious we were getting further and further away.
 
We peeled off, drove back all the way back and somehow got there just in time.
 
It was a good funeral, a life well lived.
 
25000 is a big deal and there are some interesting things going on in the background I can't tell you about.
 
I used to write about everything but it let the bad guys know what I was about to do.
 
So I can't do that any more. 
 
Right now, this is as good as it gets and I'm going to celebrate by giving away a free gift for anyone who wants it - more on that later.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment