Tuesday 2 February 2016

Alan Barnes at The Red Lion.

There has definitely been some mistake - I seem to have run out of steroids.

It's true I still have a prescription but they aren't working any more.....I definitely need more drugs!

We went to our Jazz Club but as you would say about an underperforming football club "I didn't turn up".

We are definitely going to have to have some 'steroid days' out having fun to coincide with the big doses.

It would be a shame to waste it.

Alan Barnes was as excellent as usual on saxophone and clarinet although it was a fairly introspective and 'blue' night or maybe that was just my mood?

Trevor Tomkins was on drums with Dave Newton very precise on keys and Paul Morgan exciting the strings on his bass;


By the end of the evening I was feeling pretty much out of it but I did enjoy 'Gentle Rain' which was very special.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment