Sunday 19 February 2017

Armchair supporter.


I had another lousy Sunday - I got cold sitting in the car park and it wasn't even really cold.

And I was hurting quite badly. I got so stiff while I was waiting I got out of the car and hobbled around for a few minutes - it didn't help.

On the other hand I spent the afternoon drowsing in front of the television and watching Tottenham, my team get through to the quarter finals of the F.A. Cup.

I don't expect it to go very well because they have been underperforming for as long as I can remember - and that's a
very long time.

I started supporting them in 1967 which was the year they won the F.A Cup and as a nine year old that seemed like a team that couldn't fail.

I was wrong - they didn't win it again until 1982 by which
time I had well and truly grown up.

And while there were a few minor victories, it's been a very lean period. Last year they played better than they had for decades until they fell apart in the last four games of the season and it all fell to pieces.

So I'm not holding my breath but it was a nice afternoon spent in an armchair, forgetting about all the bad things in life.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment: