Sunday 3 December 2017

Update.

I've been having a review - it's over a week since I started the new medication and while I'm in lots of pain, there have been developments.

I'm in bed a lot longer - often up to two hours more time lying down, which is really good. I'm no longer sure how long I sleep for. It's very disturbed, rarely an hour at a time but more. I'm uncertain because I'm awake less.

I'm not much more mobile than I was, but it's no worse. In fact, I think it may be slightly better. I walk faster although not for long.

Best of all it's over a week since I used oral morphine, which was never much help anyway. I've been using a morphine patch, which slowly releases the drug. Yesterday it was due for renewal and I didn't bother. This was because I didn't want to increase it and I wasn't sure whether to keep it the same, reduce it or give up altogether. I gave up.

I'm not sure what difference it's made, which probably means it wasn't helping much, as I suspected. I'm now dreading a phone call from the medical staff at the hospice.

Can't please everyone.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilaithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment