Saturday 18 October 2014

Day three of Robyn's campaign to cheer me up; down at The Red Lion


It's day three and I'm even getting Robyn down. Monday was wet and cold and miserable; the evening wasn't any better.

This time she made me go to The Red Lion - I told her the Jazz wouldn't be any good but she wouldn't listen. I was wrong, I'd forgotten how good they were.

On the left is Kate Williams on keyboards while in the centre on bass is Steve Watts - making a very good duet with Trevor Tomkins on drums when the others shut up;

 
 I didn't manage to get a shot of Steve Fishwick whose trumpet was good but his mute work was brilliant (love a mute, I do).
 
This is Chris Boscoe on saxophone; 
 
 
 
 
There was a lot of Miles Davis ('4' and 'Half Nelson') and my old friend Thelonious was there too ('Mysterioso') and there was an excellent version of 'Skylark' by Hoagy Carmichael.
 
A good night.
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment