Thursday 16 October 2014

Robyn's campaign to cheer me up; Boulters Lock.


Last week was about the worst week ever(I know, I know - there will be worse) , so at the weekend Robyn started her campaign to cheer me up.

On Saturday afternoon she dragged me out and we went to the River Thames at Maidenhead.

I was pretty grumpy, even with a view like this;


It's the riverside path from Boulters Lock in Maidenhead on the way to Cookham. It's about as English a scene as you could find. There are weeping willows with their branches sweeping the surface of the river. There are broad leafed trees - ancient and solid. There are swans and geese, there are ducks.

There are gentle ripples on the river from a light breeze. It's sunny;




There are boats cruising and this gloriously restored working longboat dappled by the sun;


 
 
And then we walked back to the island at Boulters Lock where we had an ice cream as the day ended;  
 
 
 

 
Almost worked.
 
Neil Harris
 
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment