Sunday 1 May 2016

69000 Thanx!

I must admit that things are getting me down at the moment, so it was very nice to burst through the 69000 barrier - thank you.


The combination of being ill together with all the other C#%P has begun to wear me down.

I ended up reading Stevie Smith's wonderful poem;

'Not Waiving but Drowning'.

Nobody heard him, the dead man, 
But still he lay moaning:
I was much further out than you thought   
And not waving but drowning.
 
Poor chap, he always loved larking
And now he’s dead
It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,   
They said.
 
Oh, no no no, it was too cold always   
(Still the dead one lay moaning)   
I was much too far out all my life   
And not waving but drowning.
 

Normal service to be resumed shortly.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment