Wednesday 4 May 2016

'Standard Miles' with Simon Spillett and Henry Lowther at the Red Lion, Isleworth.

I got very excited on Monday for a special night at The Red Lion, Isleworth.

Trevor Tomkins (drums), Simon Spillett (sax), Henry Lowther (trumpet), John Critchinson (keys) and Dave Green (bass) appear occasionally as "Standard Miles"; 




Putting together a collection of Jazz Standards that were very much a part of Miles Davis's programme and play them in that style.

It's very much not a tribute act, just jazz played in the style of another era and played very well.

there was a lot of mute trumpet, which I really like and Simon Spillett was something special on sax;


I must admit I wasn't particularly well and the bad news just keeps on coming but it was a very nice evening of special music.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment