Monday 9 May 2016

Our Garden.

Our garden is coming along - we bought some Basil too but we've kept it indoors because it isn't hardy.


At the top, next to the sandbag from the floods two years ago is Rosemary. It's doing well and we've already eaten some of that.....with Tuna.

On the right is the Oregano and to the left of that the Mint is thriving. I'm really looking forward to my Mint tea and memories of 'Le Myanis', my North African restaurant in Paris.

At the bottom, the 'Rocket' is coming along nicely while to the left is our first crop of Lettuce.

I'm waiting for an army of slugs and snails to advance on the lettuce as they always do. But at the moment we need to start thinning - pulling up a few whole seedlings to make room for the rest to get bigger.

Meanwhile, we need to plant another pot of Lettuces so that we have another batch coming along.

When the Lettuces are down to a few, then we'll just take odd leaves from each plant as we need them and try and spin the plants out all summer.

I'm afraid our Thyme (which I tried to rescue from the supermarket Thyme) didn't make it.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment