Monday 1 May 2017

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day!

It's International Labour Day and the first day of spring, well worth celebrating.

I've spent the last four nights sleeping in a chair because of my spinal problems. Things seemed to be going well so last night I went back to bed.

Unfortunately the agonising spasms came back and I also hurt my rib quite badly.

So no May Day March in London for me - I've met up at Clerkenwell Green for the last time. No more red banners and firey speeches, no more confrontations. No more chants and revolutionary songs. 

I've been there most years for nearly four decades. A lot as changed in those years - for good and bad.

I miss it.

It's sad and I must admit I haven't adjusted to it yet.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment: