Thursday 11 May 2017

Rusty axes.

I had a funny Wednesday - for a start I had to go out and I haven't been anywhere for a week. Walking out in the sunshine felt very strange and I felt very vulnerable.

Robyn was taking the theory part of her driving test, so I had to get her into Staines in time. It hurt a lot driving there and I didn't even get out of the car.

We got there in time and I sat in the car basking in the heat of one of the first really warm days of the year. I was there for the long term; Robyn was taking 50 questions and watching 14 videos of hazardous situations.

So I was really, really surprised to see her come out after about 25 minutes. I came to the conclusion that she had done a 'Neil' and had had a big argument with the people doing the test and got thrown out. It's my kind of thing.

In fact she had done the test in double quick time and passed with flying colours. I'm really proud of her.

I'm not looking forward to her taking over the driving. I've never exactly been a Formula One driver but it gave me my independence. I'm sad about giving up.

Anyway, I then took a chance and we went off to Tesco's to do the shopping.

Well, Robyn did the shopping while I did some rather cool Formula One driving in the Tesco's disabled scooter.

The extreme coolness of my exploits was rather reduced by a small child who followed me around the store imitating the warning noise the scooter makes whenever you put it in reverse.

So, everywhere I went I could hear a small child going "Beep Beep Beep" just behind me.

Hmmmmmh!

We got home and I was feeling quite up myself when in the evening my back went into agony mode and I ended up screaming in pain. It felt like someone had cleaved my spine with a rusty axe. Which in a way they have.

Now I have to get myself to hospital in the morning and I have no idea whether I'll be able to make it or not.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me; neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Of course she passed the test in a short time, she's been driving for yesrs. Glad you got out, sorry about the pain.

    ReplyDelete