Monday 13 November 2017

Darn it.


A real up and down day. In the morning Robyn was very kind and rang the Hospice for me - they did order the wheel chair I could 'drive' myself and the company delivered the wrong one. Hopefully, by the end of the week it should be changed over.

Well maybe!

But tonight it all went wrong. At teatime the kitchen tap started to drip, which as I told Robyn wasn't a big deal. It just needs a new 'O' Ring and we can take our time on that.

Except by bedtime, the drip had turned into quite a strong trickle coming out of the hot tap, with every sign it was going to get worse. I don't have any 'O' Rings and I'm not well enough to get to where I can buy some.

So I ended up on a chair, trying to lean under the sink with a screwdriver to turn off the tap. I couldn't do it - arms too weak, back too painful. Luckily, Roby was able to finish it off for me and tomorrow I have to find an extremely expensive plumber to come out and do the simplest job that I would do myself if I wasn't so crippled.

It's very depressing, and expensive.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment