Friday 17 November 2017

Grrrrh!

We've had another rough couple of days - Thursday when we should have gone shopping we spent a day waiting for the right wheelchair to arrive. It never came.

Thursday night was very tough. I woke up at three am and virtually levitated with pain. So much so that I tried using liquid morphine, which had no effect at all. In the end, Robyn got so frustrated that she brought me my PSP and I played a computer game that distracted me away from the pain for an hour but by 0500 I was in agony again and in the end got up.

When I took my normal timed painkillers in the morning I was out like a light, sleeping.

Robyn phoned the Hospice and I got a visit from my nurse as well as a very earnest doctor, who look me through the not very appealing alternatives.

In effect I've agreed to try stronger morphine patches, although I'm not optimistic. They still intend to move me to slow release tablets as soon as they can and I've given in, rather reluctantly.

The day got worse. I wasn't up to going shopping and let Robyn go to the doctors to get the prescription and on to Tesco's on her own on a busy Friday afternoon. Robyn was worn out and I was feeling generally defeated.

It's very hard to stand up to some very well meaning, busy  people who probably know best and only want to help.

Grrrrh!

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment