Thursday 23 November 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Which, as I've learnt from Robyn, is a very big deal indeed.

I had a tough, tough day. I got up at 0500 am, mainly due to pain but also to get washed and ready. I got dressed and crushed like a grape, took my painkillers and got some sleep at 0630am. We were off, with Robyn driving - her first rip up to London and first along the motorways. She was stressed out while I was in agony. She did better than I did - when we got there I had my first expedition in my wheelchair, pushed by Robyn across the Fulham Palace Road and through the hospital.

e had a long wait and I dreaded the blood test and being weighed. Just getting my jacket on and off was a nightmare. We saw Dr Feelgood and she's now prescribed an anti- inflammatory painkiller which I shouldn't be taking but we both feel it's a risk worth taking.

We sorted out my infusion and I took my next dose of painkillers and disappeared off into a happy land of sleep, which meant that Robyn drove back as well.

It was very tough, I can't begin to tell you how hard. A month ago I drove up and down and walked to and from the hospital. I still felt very bad but at least I'd done something.

At home, Robyn started cooking like a mad person. I must admit I don't understand the importance of Thanksgiving and never will. All I know is that as we tucked into a huge meal I had memories of how I spoiled all our last Thanksgiving's for Robyn.

In 2015 I was stuck in hospital and after a kidney operation the bleeding just wouldn't stop. In 2014 my back was broken.

This year we had plenty to be thankful for and we were. Tomorrow I'm having a very lazy day indeed.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment