Saturday 4 November 2017

Extra Morphine, Danish Blue and a Chinese.

I had a lovely birthday - thanks to everyone who wished me well.

It didn't start so well. I went to bed in a lot of pain and for all my meds and morphine....it made no difference. I couldn't get any sleep. At three am (well it was my birthday) I took another dose of morphine. That made no difference either.

In desperation I got up at 0400am and went to sit in my chair.
For no obvious reason I had a midnight feast of Danish Blue cheese and crackers (well, it was my birthday) and played computer games but as the dawn came up I was in agony.

This is what greeted me at 0400 am - the Google Birthday  doodle we all get.


I spent the day popping pills and not dealing with the pain. But with Robyn I had a wonderful birthday. I got a fabulous cake; 
 
Which, as you can see celebrates my life as a MOD - a world of left wing politics, cool jazz, hardline rhythm and blues, sweet soul music......a world of cool.
 
I got given some fabulous presents by Robyn - a new battery for my laptop - it died on me two years ago. A couple of pieces of polished stones - I was always fascinated by rocks and minerals. She gave me a piece of wavy green malachite and best of all a romantic piece of bright blue Lapis Lazuli flecked with gold, all the way from a lonely and dangerous mountain in Afghanistan.
 
And she gave me something I'd always wanted - a bike chain bracelet. I was a Punk after all, it's how everything started for me and I now can wear this one on my way out.
            

I got a foot massage and a lot of pampering as well as some fireworks on my cake. A six foot high flare and candles;


                       

And finished the evening off with a Chinese take away and a silly video film on the telly.




 Perfect day - thank you Robyn.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilaithpromisestokeep@gmail.com 

2 comments: