Wednesday 11 December 2013

Off to the Hob?


Just by chance in Staines I passed ‘The Hob’, better known as ‘The Hobgoblin’.

I don’t know why but it’s the best music venue round here; it’s not big, there’s no stage, it’s not purpose built, it has bouncers on music nights. But the music is good, the bouncers are always nice to me, the atmosphere is great.

Then I noticed a poster for Saturday:

 F Modnight

Two bands – Redeye who I don’t know at all and The Sha La La’s from Woking; ‘halfway between Detroit and Canvey Island’, who I haven’t seen but have heard good things about.

So, off to ‘The Hob’ on Saturday, in full gear with the ban on dancing lifted. That should frighten the children.

Unfortunately, these days I never know whether I’m going to be well enough so the decision is always taken at the last minute.

Also I’ve been completely stressed out by the Doctors at Wexham Park where my mum is now on her third week as a patient.

It’s a struggle but then as the Blog (ever so slowly) inches its way towards a real milestone – it was never going to be any other way.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment