Sunday 22 December 2013

The darkest night of the year.


I have finally done it now – Saturday morning I struggled up after a Friday evening with The SkaSouls and realised that I had shed far too many brain cells for my own good. Remember, I didn’t even drink any alcohol as a minor concession to the little matter of my thrombosis.

Having adjourned to

Caffeé nero

in Egham, I was on the laptop and I plugged in my headphones to enjoy (if I say it myself) some pretty cool sounds at full volume while I was on the net.

That was fun, until I was confronted by various customers complaining about the noise.

How silly can people get – isn’t it obvious I’m using earphones?

Except I finally realised that I’d put the plug in the wrong socket and the phones weren’t on.

Doh! Mr Bean goes to Egham. Mind you, it was a better class of music than usual.

Today (Saturday) is the winter solstice – the darkest night of the year. From now on the days slowly start to get longer as the earth’s tilt moves us a little bit nearer the sun. Can’t you just feel that new hope of spring in the air? OK, give it a month.

Instead of a bonfire to celebrate (been there, done that) I’m off to see The Highs on Saturday night.

Mmmmmh, Modnight for the longest night.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment