Thursday 7 April 2016

7th April.

This is one of those 'funny' dates - because exactly a year ago I gave up and called 999 for an ambulance. I'd had terrible back pains for about 5 months and then I started getting neurological symptoms of spinal collapse which would have meant paralysis.

By accident, I ended up at Wexham Park Hospital which turned out to be a bit of a disaster because they didn't know what to do.

I was in agony - at times screaming with pain through the night. Pumping me full of morphine wasn't working and they didn't have any idea how to deal with it.

After a week I was taken by ambulance to Charing Cross and they sorted out the pain, started treating my broken back and got me home; all in about 48 hours.

It's quite frightening how bad Wexham was.

So today, is full of some fairly bad memories.

Except for this - it's a picture Robyn took of me wearing my new hat;


Very fetching, I think you'll agree.

Today is also significant because in two months time we're getting married.

Which is a bit worrying because we haven't chosen a venue for a reception let alone booked anything. Then there's all the other things we've got to sort out.

So it's all getting a bit stressful.

As I said, 7th April is a bit of a funny date for us.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment