Friday 15 April 2016

At the Red Lion with Lisa and Courtney.

On Monday we were back at The Red Lion, Isleworth for some of my favourite players;


On the far right is Ross Stanley on keyboards. You rarely see him on my photos because he plays in the corner. He's a regular at Ronnie Scott's in his own right and very much in demand as a session musician for the big names, when they are in town.

Dave Green is one of my favourite bassists while Trevor Tomkins is hidden away on drums.

I'm not a fan of the trombone in jazz, played here by Mark Nightingale, it usually means the music is 'traditional' and that's not me.

On saxophone we had the amazing Stan Sulzman, described by the BBC at the moment as 'legendary', because he's due to do a BBC Radio 3 recording in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately, as it's in Scotland we can't make it.

We spent the evening wit Lisa and Courtney, Robyn's friends from Philadelphia and then it was time to say goodbye - here's Robyn's selfie from the station;



Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment