Saturday 21 September 2013

7000!


7000!

I woke up this morning to find that my Blog had hit 7000 page views.

Hey, it’s a campaign – it matters.

As I always write when the number of page views reaches a milestone – I can’t believe that you made it possible.
Aw, gee, thanks.

Today I’m going to reprint the very first leaflet I wrote, to remind me how it all began and what still needs to be done.

7000 hits later I’ve learnt a lot of things; for a start, my misdiagnosis was made by a consultant, not a trainee. He no longer works there.

After all my Blogging, there are still only 6 consultants at the A and E. That’s an improvement on the 4 who were working there a year ago when I was admitted but it’s not enough – we need 10 and we need them now!

Here it is;

 

 

      Help Me Sort Out St. Peter’s!

I had a blackout in the summer – I have cancer and these things happen. In fact, I’d broken my ankle but when the ambulance got me to St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, the doctors were young and inexperienced; it was august bank holiday and there was no one for them to ask. I was sent home with treatment for a sprain.

When I went back for my appointment a week later it was a real emergency – an untreated dislocated fracture. I spent 6 days in hospital and needed two operations. I was very lucky; the orthopaedics/trauma team’s hard work saved my leg.

Now, I’m rough and tough and I was just about able to cope. If you’re 80 years old and frail you can’t. St Peter’s is sending people home without proper treatment and some are going home to die.

      There are only 4 Accident and Emergency consultants for 90,000 patients a year.

      Operations, holidays and sickness mean that 4 consultants are not enough; sometimes a junior just won’t do.

      Last year complaints against A and E rose by 23%.

      We need at least 10 consultants and a commitment to give us proper cover, 24/7.

    I need your help – check out my campaign at;

       HelpmesortoutStpeters.blogspot.com  

 

Whenever I’m having a laugh, whenever I’m having fun or messing about, remember this is where it all started.

Still some work to do.

sCLUE No 13

Here’s the question;

7000 what? By whom?

K

Clue Number 13;

If it’s a sculpture, it’s the biggest sculpture ever made. If it’s performance art it will be the longest performance…..ever.

The story so far;

It’s a work of art by one of my favourite 20th century artists.

He was very European, a sculptor and an early pioneer of performance art. He was enigmatic, charismatic and created a myth around his life which became a performance in itself.

Some of his sculptures were very intimate – vitrines (small glass cases) filled with everyday objects while others were huge and brutal depictions of a brutal century.

When you’ve got the answer, e-mail it in to me at;


The first right answer wins a combat bracelet, made by me.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment