Thursday 19 September 2013

My seriously boring blog.


1000

Longerhigherfaster

Back in May I got a bit disheartened (that can happen to anyone) about this Blog.

I started it to reform St. Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey, after Accident and Emergency sent me home for a week with a dislocated, broken ankle. I didn’t want anyone else to go through that and I couldn’t understand how it could happen.

Fairly soon I added two things to that campaign; a series of news reports, articles and analysis about the NHS in general and a Blog of me having a laugh or two while I was still able.

I found that whenever I wrote a series of serious articles, I would lose all my readers. So I moved all the really serious stuff over to:
while the St. Peters campaign (and the having a laugh bit) stayed here much as before. It was a bit of a cop-out.

But then I launched a compelling and attractive campaign to popularise my new Blog – to encourage all of you to read it - I called it my ‘Seriously Boring Blog’.

Now that it’s hit a 1000 page views I'm feeling better about it although I have to admit it’s been a real struggle.

Worth it though. If you have been among those who have been reading it – my heartfelt thanks to you. The struggle for the NHS and what it stands for is really important and worthwhile.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop  production)

No comments:

Post a Comment