Monday 12 October 2015

Recycling.

I've been ill for the last week - actually for about three weeks. I got a cold and carried on all the same. Last week it got really bad and I'm not sure whether it got worse or I just caught a worse virus.

So for a week we haven't done anything and I've been coughing my lungs up.

Which is fine (Robyn's ill too) except that when it happened last November I nearly died and I coughed so bad that I broke my spine.

So it's not a happy time.

I did some recycling;

First you cut the tops off two identical plastic bottles.

You don't need a vice;


It's quite hard work;



This was the first time I did it and I learnt you need to make the cut as close to the lip as you can.

This time I had to do a lot of sanding to do to make them flat.



When it's flat you glue the two tops together.

I used superglue because that's what I had. 'Stringy' glue works, I'm told a hot glue gun works best, if you have one.




You end up with a really cool container, which is waterproof and airtight;


 
 
I could have really done with a few of these when I went camping. You can put matches in them, ointments, sweets, salt and pepper, sauces......anything.
 
I wanted some for pills when I go out.
 
Anyway, I'm working on the 'Mark II' prototype and I'll show you when I've worked it all out.
 
I should say that this is not my invention, there are many people who have posted different ways of doing this on YouTube.
 
Grant Thompson cuts a disc of plastic to go between the two halves so that you have two separate containers in one which is cool but I didn't have the right glue to do it.
 
Why not have a go yourself?
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment