Monday 23 January 2017

Bad Sunday.

If Saturday didn't go very well then Sunday went a lot worse.

Robyn woke me up to tell me; "there's a problem".

"What's that?"........Gulp!

It turned out we didn't have any hot water and in fact we didn't have any water at all in the hot taps and a bit of a problem with the cold taps too.

I got up, which can be quite painful, although in furthering my research into 'Pain Distraction', I've found that in an emergency you don't notice the pain so much

I checked the taps and found that Robyn was quite right - there was a problem.

First of all the boiler wasn't on - so, after jumping up and down on the stepladder I got that sorted. Magically, even though there was no connection between the two - cold water started to come out of the cold tap in the bathroom.

Which was a result.

Over exited by my success I found that the water pump didn't seem to be on and it looked like it had got turned down. I turned it up - and was rewarded by cold water coming out of the hot tap in the kitchen.

By now I was on a roll, especially when the kitchen hot tap......got hot!

Unfortunately nothing made any water come out of the hot tap in the bathroom. Clearly the pipes were frozen solid.

Which is not good - when they thaw out there's a flood and the ceiling comes down. I started to see some really big bills.

I looked outside - the sun was out, the frost on the rooves was beginning to melt and I decided to wait it out.

Meanwhile I'd got cold running around in my dressing gown and couldn't get warm again - cold to the core.

By 1230 Robyn told me there was a dribble of water coming out of the hot tap. At 1245 it was running hot again.

I waited a couple of hours to see if there were any drips coming through the ceiling - looks like we got away with it.

In the afternoon we went off to Café Nero for a coffee and I fell asleep for an hour and a half.

Mind you when I woke up I was warm again.

Quite a day.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment