Sunday 15 January 2017

Sydney the Cat.


I thought I'd do an update about Sydney the Cat, who has been living with us for about four months now.

I would have liked to started with a picture.......but Sydney the Cat has made it very clear that she doesn't do photographs.

Sydney the Cat is from 'The Streets of Philadelphia', a cat that Robyn rescued, or to be more precise, she adopted Robyn. She is a street fighting, alley cat.

Unfortunately, our relationship has not flourished - Sydney the Cat is very unhappy about any physical contact and continues to be very suspicious of me.

Worst of all, when Robyn goes to bed Sydney makes a big effort to escape from me in the front room or hides under pieces of furniture. As it gets later, she starts to come back into the room every half hour or so, as though she's checking whether I've gone yet, or to give a fairly strong hint that it's really time for me to go.

Reluctantly, Sydney the Cat allows me to feed her treats from my hand but that's about as close as we get.

I must admit I'm not used to cats - dogs were my thing and I miss them. I just don't understand why you would choose to have a cat who doesn't want you but is prepared to tolerate you for just as long as you provide it with food and shelter. While dogs just love you - unconditionally.

They would do anything for you; they are ecstatic when you come home. Sydney just shrugs her shoulders and goes back to sleep.

Oh well.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Make a cheesesteak hoagie for her, Neil. You guys will be buddies for life. Lol

    ReplyDelete