Sunday 13 January 2013

13/1/13


Today was 13/1/13, but the sun was shining bright on a crisp morning, definitely a good day for a walk. I have a circuit which I haven’t walked since before Christmas. From about mid November I did it every day, carrying my crutches for as long as possible, then reluctantly using them when the pain got too much. A bit more every day, if I was lucky.

Then, just before Christmas I ran out of steam. Today I did the whole lot, still carrying the crutches like an idiot. Walking like a drunken, limping man. Hurt a bit. Pretty damn triumphant, I can tell you.

I saw someone reading one of my posters too.

So while I paid for it all later, it was a good day, the thirteenth.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment