Tuesday 8 January 2013

Steampunk


I’m going to become a steampunk.

I don’t know if you’ve come across this tribe, it looks like a lot of fun.

It’s a group of people who imagine living in the 19th century, with all the technological advantages of today (phones, computers, etc) but based on the available technology and materials of that time.

So, steam, clockwork and metal gears are in but electronics are out. No plastics, it’s wood, iron and copper. If you saw the film “Wild, wild west”, you’ll get the idea, as I said great fun.

I want to throw my laptop through a suitable window and replace it with something made out of metal,wood and cow horn, with a detachable steam engine so its portable.

That could work, really it could.

The USB port is now working again, it must have realised that the warranty runs out in a fortnight. It is just biding its time.

Remember John Cleese? Hmmm.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

No comments:

Post a Comment