Monday 1 July 2013

My edited weekend.


It’s been a really, really rough 4 or 5 days, but I can’t write about that because I only Blog about myself. It hasn’t all been bad though. This picture is from Saturday afternoon;

 It’s a Travellers pony cart – they ride them up and down in the summer evenings or at the weekend, holding up a long line of irritated cars. When I hear the clip clop I usually try and nip out to watch and wave. They must think I’m mad but they usually wave back. They are very proud of their traditions.

This time I was driving back, saw the cart, parked up and tried to get a picture – just too late, of course.

Today, I watched the Tour de France winding its way through Corsica; beautiful mountains and villages, lined with people cheering the race under a clear blue sky before they raced down to meet the azure sea. That’s where I should have been. But it was wonderful to just watch it happen. I’ve seen Le Tour in England and in France from the side of the road and that’s great too but today I had the best seat in the house.

Think of me this time next year, when the race starts in Yorkshire.

This afternoon there was a breeze, I’ve managed to dig out a couple of really old kites -1970’s vintage or earlier – knew they were still around. I’ve been creeping off to somewhere secluded to remember how to do it, before I unleash myself on the public. It’s probably been 40 years.

And my hat blew off – so I’m holding on to my kite, which is falling out of the sky, running after the hat. I’m going to get my revenge on that hat, someday.

It was great fun, it soared and flew, well, just like a kite really. Came home tired out and windswept. Lucky, lucky me. Next time I’ll take a picture.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

Home:            helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:         neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment