Thursday 18 August 2016

Oh darn it.

We've been having quite a tough time at the moment - among the less serious troubles -  I've been having problems with my ancient computer.

To start with it's refusing to recognise my card reader any more - so I can't post photos, which is a bore.

So first I took the (new) reader back to the shop to get a replacement.

That didn't work either.

I've tried various remedies from the internet (I'm not alone, it seems to be a common Windows problem) and then I took Windows own advice to upload all their recent updates.

Tried that and wasted a day I couldn't afford to waste either.

My Windows 7 updates now take forever (like for never) to upload.

I checked that out on the internet and found that I'm not alone with that problem either.

I think Windows just wants us to pay them loads more money and they are trying to force us to do that by stopping everything from working.

The problem is to do that I probably need a new computer.

So, my apologies. Hopefully I can get something sorted soon.

Which is more than I can say for all the other problems.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment