Saturday 26 August 2017

Walking wounded.

I'm having a very mixed time at the moment - on the plus side I've been going for walks in the afternoons. It's not fun, there's lot's of pain and I'm a bit of a sight. Two walking sticks, hunched over and walking at the speed of a lethargic snail. But I have made some distance, even if when I get back I have problems getting over the front doorstep.

The nights are getting tougher - soon I'll have to increase the dose of painkillers I take. I'm getting tolerant of them and the pains are worse these days. I go to bed about 1230, fall straight asleep but then wake up somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour and a half later in agony.

Then I try and stay lying in bed as long as I can, but often I have to get up at about three or four o'clock. It just hurts too much lying there.

Even sat in my chair it hurts although I generally get a bit of sleep.

I won't pretend it's not tough - I'm worn out the next day and I wake up Robyn in the process.

I'm back up at hospital next week so I will find out whether the chemo is still working or whether all this means it has given up on me.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment