Sunday 29 October 2017

Clocks changing.

Another day completely out of it - with a nasty twist. I used to look forward to the clocks going back in winter, under the illusion I was 'gaining' an hour. Well of course you don't - it's taken away from you again the next night.

Now there's a much worse consequence for me. I take pain killers about every six hours although they stop working after about 2 hours. By four hours I'm in a lot of pain. If the clock goes back an hour, I get an hour added on for good measure. That hour has to be made up for somewhere.

So this morning I got up at 0415am (which is no different to normal really) but I don't normally take my 0600am painkillers until about 0700 because it fits in better. Unfortunately, this morning) 0700 would have been 0800 and that means another hour in pain. But if I take them earlier I have to make up the time later.

I'm a puritan at heart - I waited an extra hour and that hurt.

So I would rather the clocks hadn't gone back, thank you very much.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment