Saturday 21 October 2017

Happy Holidays!


Today there's a guest Blog from Robyn!;

I have to admit, I don’t know if I ever made a Jack O’Lantern before I met Neil. But once we were together I had to make sure he got to experience EVERY holiday. This year though is a little different. Usually we make our Jack (or Jacks – last year we made two) together. But Neil wore himself out yesterday and didn’t feel like helping.
 

I spent a few hours the other day picking out the template, I wanted a fiery Jack this year. I also wanted a big one so we purchased a “giant” pumpkin from Tesco last week. So I downloaded the picture of the Jack I wanted, then held a piece of paper up to the screen of my laptop and traced the eyes and mouth. I freehanded the stop of the pumpkin, I went for an open top Jack this year, and I have a surprise for Neil later (something I saw online).


Then I taped the trace to the pumpkin and punched holes around the outline so that the outline would be perforated on the pumpkin.  Then using the knives from the kit (with occasional help from our regular knife) I cut out the face.  

 

 Now I said that the knife from the kit started to bend before I cut out the design of the top. Here you can see how the knife should look, how it looked after cutting the top out and how it looks now. From straight to a twisted ninety degree angle.

 
 
And here you can see Jack in all of his horror.
 


Hopefully he will frighten the spirits away this Samhain!

 
Neil Harris(a don't stop till you drop production)Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.comContact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com
 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and yes you made one when you were little.

    ReplyDelete