Thursday 13 December 2012

A harder road than I expected


I’m finding the responsibility of running this Blog is something I didn’t anticipate. When people began to read it, I had moments of doubt. People are starting to talk to me about experiences they have had and it’s hard. I’m hoping to record them here as I think it’s important that there is some recognition of what is happening.

A friend has mentioned, in an e-mail, her Father’s experience – nothing to do with St Peter’s and she hadn't expected to be pressurised into letting me use it. However, I felt that the way it was written is something I didn’t want tidied up, it’s from the heart;

“Unfortunately I don’t think St Peter's A&E are alone in the utter chaos that are our A&E departments and the short staff/beds are a common feature amongst most if not all A&E's I am sure. I know when my dad was taken into A&E several times throughout his battle with cancer, he was always left waiting several hours for a bed and once when he was extremely ill (not long before he passed away) he was left on a trolley for hours, which was horrendous when considering the fact he wasn’t well enough to lay on a trolley for 30 minutes let alone for hours. But we had no choice! I could tell you quite a few horror stories! In the end we opted to not send him to A&E if he had a fall/seizure as he was just not well enough to be treated like that and he was better off at home.”

Which, is exactly what I was listening to through the curtains, while I was waiting for a bed.
                                                               k

 
I’ve also been surprised by the goodwill I’ve found – to the Blog and to me. There are a lot of good people out there.


Respect due;

To Raj of Wraysbury News, the newsagents that delivers and supplier of very reasonably priced greeting cards. Who, when I asked how much it would be to put one of my leaflets in his window, refused to take any money.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment