Saturday 6 April 2013

So, s@#k on that!


    Parental Warning !

The following Blog entry contains elements of blatant boasting which may not be blocked by parental controls or firewalls.

       S.O.S
T

      Sort Out St Peters

This site, at just four months old, has had 1500 page views, and although it’s small potatoes in internet terms, it’s a big deal for me. I don’t have much of a support network so a big thanks to all of you. It’s a foundation to build on.

Meanwhile, someone told me it was coming up on the search engines, in the end I did a Google search for ‘St. Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey’and my Blog came up at number 90 (it varies from day to day according to the number of searches being made, so don’t grumble if you don’t see it – you will one day) which is near enough to start registering with people.

When I Googled; ‘St. Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey’ + Complaint, which I figure is something my target audience may well do, it was in the top ten (No. 7 actually).

If you Google ‘Help me sort out St. Peter’s’ – it now has a little section all of its own.

So S@#k on that!

(I’m not sure where that came from – it’s been a rough couple of months for me).

Now all I have to do is win back all the readers I lost by posting some serious, grown up stuff – it was ‘Merger Mania’ – an analysis of the first study of the effects of merging hospitals.

Anyway, I’ve added a little history here for anyone new to the Blog, skip it if you’ve read it before;

I started Blogging on the fourth of December. I had been signed off by Orthopaedics a few days before – they did a really good job patching me up after my disgraceful treatment (check out my leaflet) by Accident and Emergency at St. Peter’s hospital, Chertsey. (The Ankle Rankle is my revenge).

What really got me angry was that the complaint I’d made was left lying about for 5 weeks after it had been written. When I put a complaint in to the Care Quality Commission, they contacted the Hospital and the report came out to me, almost immediately.

It was a whitewash. It recommended that the “Consultant” who messed up should have a period of “reflection”, and be responsible for training the Junior Doctors in how to recognise a broken ankle. Now, he is definitely not the person to be doing this.

The ‘report’ was written by a consultant in A and E – there are only four of them so I think they may know each other, I could be wrong there.

So, I started this Blog as a campaign for a better hospital – for the people who work there as much as for the patients.

It’s also a campaign to save the NHS, which means a lot to me as it does to so many people.

It’s also my way of embarrassing these people into changing. Long after I am gone, this Blog will stand as a monument to their failure.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production}
Home:      helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact:   neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment