Wednesday 23 October 2013

A life of crime for me.


Ok, I’m in my criminal lair, surrounded by all the evidence of my crimes. It’s walnut shells and they are everywhere – I’ve been scrumping walnuts and now I’m eating them. It’s a family tradition every autumn, well for some of us.
 
We know where there is one really good tree, the owners don’t bother to pick them up and the squirrels haven’t found this one. You have never eaten anything so nice as a fresh walnut – it’s just not the same as the old ones you buy in the shops.

They are delicious anyway but then there’s an old country saying; “Poached food always tastes best”, and so it does.

In a week or so I may head off to a certain wealthy lady’s back garden to root around for chestnuts for roasting.

Mmmmmh, a life of crime for me.

#help me sort out St. Peters!

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment