Tuesday 8 October 2013

Dreamtime.


It’s been like a ‘dreamtime’, but it’s coming to an end in the next few days. This October has been warm and sunny (well mostly) more like mid September. Except it isn’t, the evenings are dark already. It’s all ending in tears over the next two days – cold autumn weather is roaring down from the north and then that’s it.

Meanwhile I’ve been trying to steal time and get out – one last day of ‘summer’, snatched from the mouth of winter.

There are still some youngsters drowsing in the sun – they don’t know what’s coming:

 


 And fantastic funghi – a really bumper year.

A

It’s just that I don’t know one from another. I even went on an organised funghi walk with an elderly professor one year; every time someone brought her a ‘mushroom’ for her opinion, she would say “Hmmm, its edible but I once had one and I was very ill indeed – you could try it”.

I was none the wiser and I think if I was trying to kill myself with a shroom, I’d probably get a long run of ‘eaters’.





These are definitely Ink caps, they start off as a rather rude looking young shroom, then they open out and finally the cap dissolves into a gooey black ink.

I’ve had a really rough summer – you have no idea. I missed most of it, so these golden days have been just that and no I’m not trying any shrooms, at least not just yet.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment