Monday 28 October 2013

Lou Reed.


Storm warning

That was pathetic – a few branches and a handful of small, rather elderly trees came down – one in our front garden. So, I got to West Middlesex Hospital fine.

One great Oak was felled – Lou Reed.

While punk in Britain was partly a rebellion against the 1960’s , in America it was different and sort of linked the two. At least it linked the alternative worlds of both times.

Famously Lou Reed once said;

“One chord is fine, Two chords is OK, three chords – that’s Jazz”. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Psnd

I found it easy to write about the mods and Northern Soul. Then I tried to write about  punk and I couldn’t do it. Too personal, too close.

Lou Reed was interviewed about a month before he died;

“I still believe in punk, I still want to blow it all up”.

For the moment that will have to do.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)

This ‘help me’ is for everyone I met at MDU today.

 

u

helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment