Saturday 26 October 2013

Banned from dancing - it's official.


Looks like the Blog is going to have to get a bit more serious again; I spent seven hours in hospital on Friday. This time I took myself and my new friend (thrombosis) to West Middlesex Hospital’s Accident and Emergency and while it was very busy, it was a world apart from the A and E at St. Peter’s. It’s a shame I had to drive so far to get there.

I’m well and truly on the sick list now, with my wings clipped for a little while. No more dancing – I’ve been banned, which meant I missed the Hoodoo Rhythm and Soul Club night I was looking forward to. (I did ask – the ‘no’ was a bit stern - I'm going to have to use some charm on them)

Luckily on Thursday I had headed on down to The Riverside Club in Staines. To help the club out I became a member, which may not have been my wisest investment – I’m not going to get a lot of use out of it now.

However, it’s in a good cause. These folk are bringing good music to a quiet town. How about this for fun;

Danny giving his guitar a good workout;
 
Or Tony Hall playing some fantastic saxophone;

 

It was Sunset Boulevard’s usual mixture of Rock ‘n Roll, Soul (James Brown and Percy Sledge) and a little jazz.

Short of one member of the brass section, they still had their very committed drummer Johnny Higson and the bass of Bobby Patrick.

The line-up changes every time, depending on who is away on a proper paying musician’s job. They’re flexible enough to make it work.

Worked for me anyway.

It seemed like nothing could go wrong when I won a bottle of Pina Colada in the raffle – serves me right that now I can’t drink it. You’d have to have been there to get that joke.

And me? Not stopped yet, no plans on stopping either.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact: neolwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment