Sunday 27 October 2013

Petergate - the missing Harris Tapes.


It would have had such an 80’s feel to it – ‘Patient Experience’ would have sent me their ‘Mix tape’ and I could have sent them one of mine.

   T

I don’t know what I would have put on mine – you need a style or a theme. For my part  I wouldn’t have minded cassette or even reel to reel

   V

Or CD

    U

But silence? This was the 'lost' recording of my meeting with the ‘clinician’ from St. Peter’s Hospital’s negligent Accident and Emergency department – those are the ones who sent me home for a week with a fractured and dislocated ankle.

I was so angry, I insisted on an apology for their having wiped the ‘tape’ clean – actually I wanted some proof in case the audio miraculously appeared at some point in the future.

Here it is, as usual I have removed the name of the offending person as I never expose people for doing their job, even if that job or the way they are doing it is nothing to be proud of.

 

24 October 2013

 

Dear Mr Harris

This letter is further to our telephone conversation today during which I apologised for the delay in sending the meeting notes to you, and for the CD recording of the meeting not being available. I apologise for the technical fault that caused the problem with the recording and unfortunately that recording is not available to be downloaded to CD. I therefore typed my handwritten meeting notes into a legible form for you.

I would like to apologise once again for the distress these events have caused and hope that the meeting clarified all the outstanding issues you wished to raise.

 

Yours Sincerely

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

 

So that’s alright then.

Er, no it isn’t.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:          helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:       neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your tape But !!!!!! not surprized St Peters I can imagine how cross you must have been i would have been to !!!!! another issue of incompent

    ReplyDelete