Wednesday 10 June 2015

I'm boring again.




I can't say I like this sculpture outside Charing Cross Hospital. I normally find something I love from the Imperial College Healthcare Charity Art Collection - it's a joy.

I never really liked this one; you'd probably need to be a medical student to appreciate it.

Nowadays, I just wish my spine looked like this.

Anyway, I had my monthly visit yesterday and no one was there - I'm boring again.



It's been three months since I had the result of a blood test and it was going wrong on me back then.

Soooooo, this wasn't exactly something I was looking forward to. The last few times I've seen my consultant, a Macmillan cancer nurse (gulp!) and a couple of students.

Today just a registrar - the result was OK!

I can't get used to all this - I spent two years when everything went wrong.

Oh are we going to enjoy June!

We are making plans.

There are exciting things happening.

Then I ended up spending the rest of the day at hospital, waiting for tests and this;
 
 
It all took so long that I ended up on the bus in the school rush and had to stand for a while. I was in agony.
 
Then when I got back to the car we were into the rush hour.
 
Nightmare - I was exhausted.
 
But I'm OK for a month and maybe even a summer - who knows?
 
Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment