Thursday 1 December 2016

James Joyce at the top of his voice.


Every life is many days, day after day. We walk through ourselves, meeting robbers, ghosts, giants, old men, young men, wives, widows, brothers-in-love, but always meeting ourselves.”   

 James Joyce, Ulysses

I could post a quotation from Ulysses everyday - which is also a quote from Ulysses too; "Quotations every day of the year" - don't worry I won't do that.

But here's another couple to be going on with;

“Let my country die for me.”  

 
Who can possibly say it's a difficult book?

“People could put up with being bitten by a wolf but what properly riled them was a bite from a sheep.”  

What a voice on him and amazing language and straight from the 20th century too.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment