Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sidney the Cat wasn't helping..


I had a lonely night, the night before last, sleeping bolt upright in an armchair in the front room because of my back. The morning before I'd gone into uncontrollable muscle spasms after a night in bed and at one point thought I was never going to be able to get up.

So, I put on a couple of old blankets and fell asleep at about 0130 am.

Then, slightly spookily, I woke up at 0330 am and felt an eerie presence in the room. I could see the door was now partly open. I reached up and put the light on.......only to see that Sidney the Cat had come in and was sitting in the middle of the floor and giving me a very cold look, as if to say; "What are you still doing here?

It probably didn't help that one of the blankets I was using was one that she sometimes sleeps on.

I don't get on very well with Sidney, so as a peace offering I made up a cosy little 'Sidney bed' on the settee next to me and turned the light off.

The next thing I heard Sidney walk out of the room in a huff. She wasn't going to be caught that way. It's sad, I used to be good with animals.

I didn't sleep so well the rest of the night, occasionally hearing Sidney the Cat on the prowl. However, for a cat that sleeps most of the day, I was surprised how little she did in the night.

In the morning, I had a series of muscle spasms for no obvious reason, which was quite a disappointment. In fact there seemed to be no improvement at all.

Last night, I tried going back to bed but this time I wore my back brace all night. I thought it might help because I did it last time when I first came back from hospital and it was OK.

It wasn't OK.

As soon as I got into bed I knew I couldn't move and had no idea how I was going to get out of bed in the morning. Whenever I did move I went into spasms of pain, the rest of the time it was just uncomfortable.

At about 0430 it all got too much and with a lot of screaming I somehow got out of bed and went to the front room to spend the rest of the night in my chair.

So no sleep for either of us.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry about the pain. Meds, heat and rest is the only thing that works for me. And yep, that sounds like Sydney.

    ReplyDelete