Friday 19 December 2014

Love, Joy, Peace.



Tough week - my poor Mum is gravely ill in hospital while I'm still coughing my lungs up. I've done my back in, hurt my ribs.

I've been fighting Doctors again - but I don't have any regrets. I won my Mum enough time for my sister to manage to fly over here from the other side of the world; for real quality time.

Worth it all.

6-00am and I've got a Doctors appointment (Ouch!). But I've also got a toilet spewing out water. I've sort of fixed it which is more than can be said for the wash basin which is still broken. I've been too ill to fix it and too ill to get anyone.

Besides it's so old they don't make the fittings - they'll tell me we need a new basin.

Seductively, my pot of plumbers seal is eyeing me up, despite the fact that it specifically says it can't be used to seal waste pipes.

I think it will work!

It's not all bad - I'm not sleeping in an armchair any more and when I drive over a speed bump I've stopped screaming with pain.

Best of all yesterday my partner said; "We will still have adventures in the new year".

I'm not so sure about that but at the moment I'm just going with the flow.

Nothing's better but it's working out.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)

Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment