Wednesday 10 December 2014

Shopping for Shoes; Lisa Milroy 2003



 
 
 You wouldn't expect me to spend a day at Charing Cross Hospital without going on and on about the art displays provided by The Imperial College Healthcare Charity Art Collection?
 
This is Lisa Milroy's 2003 piece; 'Shopping for Shoes'.
 
It's like a 'storyboard' or even a strip of film from the movies.
 
Here's one of the individual 'cells';
 
  
 
 
 It's really charming.
 
It's just someone who obviously likes.....buying shoes;
  
 
 I could go on and on about it but I guess the point is that in a hospital where tragedy and sadness is all around you, it's really nice to be reminded of the ordinary, simple pleasures of life;
 
  
 
 
As I was leaving I spotted another canvas by the same artist but I'll do that one next month!
  
 
Neil Harris
 
(a don't stop till you drop production)
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment