Saturday 20 January 2018

Saturday at Hospital.



Robyn took this picture for me - I was a bit out of it at the time.

I didn't imagine I'd be able to get to hospital at all, let alone on time. I got up late, feeling terrible.

But it was a Saturday and we coasted through the invisible traffic of the week. And we were able to park in the hospital car park, which we can never do.

Then I got a shock - I needed two units of blood, which is a lot. I have to be very grateful to whoever donated the blood for me to use.

It took 6 hours on top of waiting and getting test results. The chair wasn't comfortable, I had a really painful time.

I also had problems, which I don't need to bore you with here.

Somehow Robyn got me through it and also had brought a vast amount of food, which we needed because of the time we were there.

We left in the dark and made it home through the rain. I can't say I got the burst of energy a transfusion is supposed to give me, which can't be a good sign.

But we made it and I'm having a rest for a couple of days now.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me: neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment