Thursday 18 January 2018

Woo! Woo!

Well, that was an eventful 24 hours. We were hit by the gales everybody else got hit by and spent the night worrying about whether the roof would get torn off. Neither of us got any sleep.

I managed to get up, got dressed, which is fairly painful in itself. Somehow, Robyn got me into the car and drove us up to London, with me doing a lot of groaning on the way. There was hardly any traffic, probably due to the wind, so we got there on time.

I was pushed into Hospital on the wheelchair and we settled down to wait.

When we saw Dr Feelgood we found that my last months bloods were good and I can put Chemo off for another three weeks, unless things go really wrong in the meantime.

I went off for my infusion and found that I need to be back again on Saturday for a blood transfusion - nothing is ever perfect. But this is good. Three weeks is three weeks. Time to build up body weight, time to get some stuff done, build up some muscles.

I got home like a groaning sack of potatoes, but I got home. I managed to get over the front door step on my own when I haven't been out of the house for about three weeks.

So, I'm ahead, and up for trouble.

Neil Harris
(a don't stop till you drop production)
Home: helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com
Contact me; neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment