Friday 4 April 2014

Double Whammy.


Early Thursday morning I opened up my e-mail to find that my trip to France on Saturday had been cancelled. Gutted.

I won’t pretend it wasn’t a blow and it had taken quite a struggle for it to happen in the first place (thanks S, couldn’t have done it without you and thanks to G). It wasn’t meant to be.

It means a real double whammy for me this week and even I have to admit that it left me reeling on the ropes, gasping for breath. There are only so many rounds you can lose.

Well, I’m a big boy - knock me down and I’ll get up again. Also, I never promised you a happy ending.

Thursday Night, at The Riverside.


Even a night with my favourite Ska band, The Skasouls, it still took me three quarters of the show to thaw out.

 
They did manage to thaw me out in the end.

Now all my hopes of international travel have gone out of the window, I am free to take another look at

 The Reggulaters

Who play The Brookhouse in Hayes on Saturday night and that will be fun.

OK, it’s not Moules Frites, its not baguette, or café au Lait, it will never be France. But it is Ska.

 

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:   helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment