Wednesday 9 April 2014

Showing off.



 

The weirdness continues; this afternoon it was sunny with a gusty wind and I went out to do some kite flying.

I don’t use a tail – as a result my kite is inherently unstable – it scoots across the sky uncontrollably as each gust of wind catches it. It's wild, taking it out is always an adventure.

Who does that remind you of?

Then, one by one, the next generation of Punk Horses came over to see me. Last summer I got to know their parents after a lot of initial fighting and wildness. This year, their kids remembered me from the year before, but usually they are pretty cool. 

Today, one by one, they all came over.

Some came up to have their noses stroked and were boisterous and troublesome. Others just came up to have their noses stroked - they all have personalities. But they all deliberately came over.

Then I spotted this pair;

 

And then I realised what they had been doing; they were showing off the first foal of the spring.

The jazz review really will be done tomorrow, I think.

Neil Harris

(a don’t stop till you drop production)
Home:  helpmesortoutstpeters.blogspot.com

Contact:  neilwithpromisestokeep@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment